Thursday, June 16, 2011

Frodo's Song

"In the Western lands beneath the sun
the flowers may rise in Spring
the trees may bud the water run
or there maybe it's cloudless night
and swaying beeches bear
The elven-stars as jewels white
amid their branching hair

Though here at Journeys end I lie, in darkness buried deep
Beyond all towers strong and high
beyond all mountains Steep
Above all Shadows rides the Sun
and the stairs forever dwell
I will not say the day is done
nor bid the stars farewell"


J.R.R. Tolken

I had much I was going to say about this....
...then I thought I'd let it speak for itself...
one of my favorite scenes in all of his books...if you have only seen the movie then you have no idea what this is talking about...Frodo has been bitten by Shelob and taken captive and held in Cirith Ungol yet when all is lost Frodo, in very tolkenesque fashion sings he doesn't shout or cry for help, he sings... ..and that is how Samwise finds him.... and the quest continues....


my quest....is not over....

"I will not say the day is done nor bid the stars farewell"

No comments:

Post a Comment